Jill Van Beek of AJS at Nyack Rockland
Jill Van Beek, (pictured above), director of operations for the Association for a More Just Society (AJS), based in Grand Rapids, MI will visit the Nyack College Rockland campus on Monday, October 1 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Her presentation, “The Chat,” will take place in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. in Nyack, NY.
AJS is a Christian non-profit organization that has responded to the challenge of the scripture found in Micah 6:8—“to act justly.” The group funds and oversees a variety of projects in Honduras on behalf of the poor, including engaging issues such as land rights, labor rights, and youth empowerment. Their Gideon Centers are located in impoverished communities and offer legal aid and psychological counseling for a nominal fee.
They also are committed to helping North American Christians follow God's call to do justice by providing advocacy opportunities, prayer and study guides, and opportunities to financially support their outreach in Honduras.
For more information on AJS, visit http://www.ajs-us.org. Contact Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement at 845.675.4582 for information about this event.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>