Jill Van Beek of AJS at Nyack Rockland
Jill Van Beek, (pictured above), director of operations for the Association for a More Just Society (AJS), based in Grand Rapids, MI will visit the Nyack College Rockland campus on Monday, October 1 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Her presentation, “The Chat,” will take place in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. in Nyack, NY.
AJS is a Christian non-profit organization that has responded to the challenge of the scripture found in Micah 6:8—“to act justly.” The group funds and oversees a variety of projects in Honduras on behalf of the poor, including engaging issues such as land rights, labor rights, and youth empowerment. Their Gideon Centers are located in impoverished communities and offer legal aid and psychological counseling for a nominal fee.
They also are committed to helping North American Christians follow God's call to do justice by providing advocacy opportunities, prayer and study guides, and opportunities to financially support their outreach in Honduras.
For more information on AJS, visit http://www.ajs-us.org. Contact Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement at 845.675.4582 for information about this event.
- TONIGHT! Who's in the Spotlight at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center?
- The Beat Goes On...Even at Intermission
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>