Nyack NYC Bible Professor Passes Away After Subway Fall
The Nyack campus community mourns the passing of adjunct Bible professor Dr. Jhan Moskowitz, a founding member of the evangelistic outreach, Jews for Jesus. His fatal head injury was the result of a fall he suffered in a Manhattan subway on Tuesday, September 4.
Rev. Charles Hammond, associate dean of Student Life Nyack’s New York City site alerted the campus community to unite in prayer for Dr. Moskowitz. On Wednesday evening Hammond shared the news of the professor's passing, commenting, "The City campus is in mere shock! But, yes, he's with Yeshua!"
The testimony of Jhan Moskowitz's coming to faith in Jesus can be seen here.
A memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 7 at Trinity Baptist Church, 250 East 61st Street in Manhattan.
Please remember the Moskowitz family in your prayers.
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- Browse Blog Archive>>