August 24: Nyack Hosts HEOP Conference
Save the date for Nyack College’s Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Academic Festival on Friday, August 24 from 9 am to 5 pm at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 Highland Ave., Nyack, NY 10960 when educators will gather for this first time event on the Rockland County campus.
Workshops will include, “Virtual, Blended, Hybrid Learning: Does It Work?”; “The Counselor Exchange;” “Enhancing Critical Thinking Through Small Communities” and “Integrating Service-Learning to Promote Retention.”
Nyack College established HEOP in 1975. The program is administered by the Division of Student Success under the leadership of its director, Dr. Gwen Parker Ames. HEOP students are among the most actively involved young men and women who serve in leadership positions such as student government officers, class presidents, club presidents, resident assistants, and baccalaureate speakers. The importance of the program has resulted in students regularly attending Student Advocacy Day in Albany to meet with legislators who can preserve funding for the program.
For more information on this event, contact Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor at 845.675.4447or by email at email@example.com.
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
- Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
- Browse Blog Archive>>