August 24: Nyack Hosts HEOP Conference
Save the date for Nyack College’s Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Academic Festival on Friday, August 24 from 9 am to 5 pm at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 Highland Ave., Nyack, NY 10960 when educators will gather for this first time event on the Rockland County campus.
Workshops will include, “Virtual, Blended, Hybrid Learning: Does It Work?”; “The Counselor Exchange;” “Enhancing Critical Thinking Through Small Communities” and “Integrating Service-Learning to Promote Retention.”
Nyack College established HEOP in 1975. The program is administered by the Division of Student Success under the leadership of its director, Dr. Gwen Parker Ames. HEOP students are among the most actively involved young men and women who serve in leadership positions such as student government officers, class presidents, club presidents, resident assistants, and baccalaureate speakers. The importance of the program has resulted in students regularly attending Student Advocacy Day in Albany to meet with legislators who can preserve funding for the program.
For more information on this event, contact Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor at 845.675.4447or by email at email@example.com.
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- Browse Blog Archive>>