Biology Professor Lectures at The Nyack Library
Dr. Peter Park, assistant professor of biology at Nyack College, will be featured in a lecture at The Nyack Library located at 59 South Broadway in downtown Nyack in the Community/Meeting Room on Saturday, July 14 at 12:30 p.m. An evolutionary ichthyologist, who studies ecological diversification of brain and behavior in Alaskan threespine stickleback fish, he will discuss “The Biodiversity of New York Fishes: What We Owe to the Hudson River.”
Dr. Park will introduce the diversity of fishes and highlight some of the major fishes of the Hudson River ecosystem. A sampling of the questions he will address include the following:
- Which fish species can be found in the Hudson River around Nyack?
- Why is the Hudson River so ecologically important?
- What are some epic fishing stories told by locals?
- What can we do to protect our fishes?
For more information on this event co-sponsored by Nyack College and The Nyack Library, please phone Dane Paciarello at 845.358.3370, ext. 244.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>