Biology Professor Lectures at The Nyack Library
Dr. Peter Park, assistant professor of biology at Nyack College, will be featured in a lecture at The Nyack Library located at 59 South Broadway in downtown Nyack in the Community/Meeting Room on Saturday, July 14 at 12:30 p.m. An evolutionary ichthyologist, who studies ecological diversification of brain and behavior in Alaskan threespine stickleback fish, he will discuss “The Biodiversity of New York Fishes: What We Owe to the Hudson River.”
Dr. Park will introduce the diversity of fishes and highlight some of the major fishes of the Hudson River ecosystem. A sampling of the questions he will address include the following:
- Which fish species can be found in the Hudson River around Nyack?
- Why is the Hudson River so ecologically important?
- What are some epic fishing stories told by locals?
- What can we do to protect our fishes?
For more information on this event co-sponsored by Nyack College and The Nyack Library, please phone Dane Paciarello at 845.358.3370, ext. 244.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>