Nyack NYC Professors Awarded Book Contract
Nyack College School of Education professors, Marie White (right) and Miriam Velez (left), were notified by Springer Publications that they have been offered a contract for the publication of their book, “Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills among Elementary School Teacher Candidates,” by Springer Publications. Four reviewers unanimously approved their book proposal which will become a part of the SpringerBriefs in Education series.
The two New York City campus professors collaborated with Dr. Hefer Bembenutty, an established scholar and a professor at Queens College (CUNY) and visiting scholar at the University of Michigan.
Says Prof. White, "Dr. Bembenutty is a colleague who has encouraged us to write this short book. "It is because of his support and establishment in the field that the publishers recognized our work. He and I have co-authored several papers and presented at the American Educational Research Association. He has met with our students, spoken to our classes, and been a believer in our program in New York City."
Professors White and Velez will be presenting their study at the fall 2012 Nyack Scholars Symposium, an annual event sponsored by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement on both the Rockland County and NYC campuses.
The campus community celebrates another impressive Nyack School of Education accomplishment.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>