Religion and Social Work Conference
The Social Work Department of Nyack College and the National Association of Social Workers NASW) New York Chapter Hudson Valley Division will co-host a Religion & Social Work conference June 8, from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Avenue in Nyack, NY. The full-day conference gather social work professionals and students to gain a better understanding of the Jewish, Islamic, and Christian religions to better assist their clients.
Guest speakers will be the following:
On Christianity: Dr. Mike Gerhardt, senior pastor of New Beginnings in Poughkeepsie, NY. Dr. Gerhardt is a former corporate accountant who later earned his Masters of Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary and then became an associate pastor of the Chinese Christian Church over the English speaking service.
On Judaism: Ms. Carl H. King, earned a Masters in Social Work from Columbia University’s School of Social Work and a Masters in Jewish Studies from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America (JTSA). She is the senior clinician in the student counseling center of JTSA and a coordinator of the Jewish Family Life Education Program.
On Islam: Mr. Azeem Farooki is a board member and trustee of the Islamic Center of Rockland in Valley Cottage, NY. He provides translation services for the Urdu language in New York State Unified Court System and New Jersey Judiciary.
Click here to register online or for additional information, contact Laura Eastman Follis, LCSW, Hudson Valley Division Director at: email@example.com.
- TONIGHT: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>