Nyack Honorary Doctorates to Steve Forbes and Michael Louis
The Nyack/ATS campus community looks forward to the tradition of baccalaureate, hooding, and graduation ceremonies next month (Details here).
This year the May 5 commencement ceremony will attract podium guests from major sectors of society—business, media, Christian music, and church leadership.
Speakers at the 129th commencement ceremony for college and seminary graduates will be Mr. Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media and Mr. Michael Louis, chairman of Hotels, Vineyards, and Strategic Initiatives for The Louis Group International of South Africa.
Nearly 700 undergraduate and graduates candidates will receive degrees at the 4,400-seat auditorium of the Westchester County Center at 198 Central Ave in White Plains, NY. Both Mr. Louis and Mr. Forbes will receive the honorary Doctor of Laws degree. Grammy and Dove award winner for Christian music, Mrs.Gloria Gaither will receive the Doctor of Music and senior pastor of Queens Herald Church, Rev. Stanley Kwong will receive the Doctor of Letters.
The four honorary doctorate recipients will be inducted into the President’s Hall of Distinction at a private pre-commencement brunch at the Tarrytown House Estate. For more information on commencement honorary degree recipients, click here.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>