Dean Wanda Velez Speaker for Metro CMA Women's Retreat
This weekend Mrs. Wanda Velez, Dean of Students on Nyack’s Rockland County campus, will be the keynote speaker at the C&MA Metro District’s Womens Spring Retreat at The Inn at Pocono Manor. The theme for the April 20-22 gathering is “Woman of Worth: Tell Your Story.”
Dean Velez is a 1996 graduate of Nyack College and a 2001 graduate of Alliance Theological Seminary. In addition to her relationship with the institution as student and alumna, she has worn several hats as an employee. In the Office of Advancement, she served as Director of Alumni Relations and Special Events for Nyack/ATS and has also been on the Student Development staff, first as a Residence Director before taking on the role of Director of Residence Life. In addition, for the past three summers she has served as a consultant for The Salvation Army’s Star Lake Camp, providing leadership development and staff training.
The retreat includes worship, ministry of the Word, small group prayer, and buffet meals. Free time can be used for shopping, sightseeing or use of the resort amenities including pool & spa and exercising. This is a getaway you don't want to miss. For more information click here.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>