Nyack Walk/Run Team Participates With Concern USA
Lindza Lubin, psychology major enrolled at the New York City campus, organized a Nyack NYC team to join Concern USA in its 4 mile run/walk in Central Park, which took place on Saturday, April 14. Proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit educational programs for children in Haiti.
Lindza, who is also an ESL Connections Club leader and a member of the New Sound Gospel Choir, registered a team of 23 from the New York City campus community.
On her motivation to get Nyack College involved in this fundraiser, Lindza says, "I am from Haiti and I know how hard it is for children to receive an education. It may not be something that everyone is facing here, but in Haiti it is a real challenge, so I decided to give back to my country in order to help these children have hope."
ESL Professor Kim Huster, who participated with the students, said, “The Concern Run for Education in Haiti was a great experience! It gave us as faculty, staff, and students at Nyack an opportunity to get to know each other better, have some fun in the park, and get some exercise. It also gave us an opportunity to be involved in the community outside the campus. Everyone who attended voiced an interest in doing more activities of this kind in the future. Thanks to Lindza Lubin for organizing the team and getting us out there!"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>