Nyack Walk/Run Team Participates With Concern USA
Lindza Lubin, psychology major enrolled at the New York City campus, organized a Nyack NYC team to join Concern USA in its 4 mile run/walk in Central Park, which took place on Saturday, April 14. Proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit educational programs for children in Haiti.
Lindza, who is also an ESL Connections Club leader and a member of the New Sound Gospel Choir, registered a team of 23 from the New York City campus community.
On her motivation to get Nyack College involved in this fundraiser, Lindza says, "I am from Haiti and I know how hard it is for children to receive an education. It may not be something that everyone is facing here, but in Haiti it is a real challenge, so I decided to give back to my country in order to help these children have hope."
ESL Professor Kim Huster, who participated with the students, said, “The Concern Run for Education in Haiti was a great experience! It gave us as faculty, staff, and students at Nyack an opportunity to get to know each other better, have some fun in the park, and get some exercise. It also gave us an opportunity to be involved in the community outside the campus. Everyone who attended voiced an interest in doing more activities of this kind in the future. Thanks to Lindza Lubin for organizing the team and getting us out there!"
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>