Nyack Walk/Run Team Participates With Concern USA
Lindza Lubin, psychology major enrolled at the New York City campus, organized a Nyack NYC team to join Concern USA in its 4 mile run/walk in Central Park, which took place on Saturday, April 14. Proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit educational programs for children in Haiti.
Lindza, who is also an ESL Connections Club leader and a member of the New Sound Gospel Choir, registered a team of 23 from the New York City campus community.
On her motivation to get Nyack College involved in this fundraiser, Lindza says, "I am from Haiti and I know how hard it is for children to receive an education. It may not be something that everyone is facing here, but in Haiti it is a real challenge, so I decided to give back to my country in order to help these children have hope."
ESL Professor Kim Huster, who participated with the students, said, “The Concern Run for Education in Haiti was a great experience! It gave us as faculty, staff, and students at Nyack an opportunity to get to know each other better, have some fun in the park, and get some exercise. It also gave us an opportunity to be involved in the community outside the campus. Everyone who attended voiced an interest in doing more activities of this kind in the future. Thanks to Lindza Lubin for organizing the team and getting us out there!"
- Vote and Send Isamar Lopez to "The Voice!
- The Amasi Trio Concert
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Browse Blog Archive>>