Nyack Walk/Run Team Participates With Concern USA
Lindza Lubin, psychology major enrolled at the New York City campus, organized a Nyack NYC team to join Concern USA in its 4 mile run/walk in Central Park, which took place on Saturday, April 14. Proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit educational programs for children in Haiti.
Lindza, who is also an ESL Connections Club leader and a member of the New Sound Gospel Choir, registered a team of 23 from the New York City campus community.
On her motivation to get Nyack College involved in this fundraiser, Lindza says, "I am from Haiti and I know how hard it is for children to receive an education. It may not be something that everyone is facing here, but in Haiti it is a real challenge, so I decided to give back to my country in order to help these children have hope."
ESL Professor Kim Huster, who participated with the students, said, “The Concern Run for Education in Haiti was a great experience! It gave us as faculty, staff, and students at Nyack an opportunity to get to know each other better, have some fun in the park, and get some exercise. It also gave us an opportunity to be involved in the community outside the campus. Everyone who attended voiced an interest in doing more activities of this kind in the future. Thanks to Lindza Lubin for organizing the team and getting us out there!"
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Browse Blog Archive>>