AGSC Pioneer Dr. Craig Ellison Home With Jesus
The campus community was received news today that Dr. Craig Ellison, founding director of Nyack’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) and a pioneer in the field of Christian counseling, passed away on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:45 a.m.
His beloved wife Sharon said he went home to be with the Lord "in complete Shalom."
In his professional career, Dr. Ellison wore many hats, among them psychology professor, author, clinician, researcher and radio show host (“Perspectives on Personal Living”). He will long be remembered as the patriarchal figure of AGSC—a treasure to students, faculty, and staff.
A graveside service was held for Dr. Ellison today in Holland, MI. The family plans to hold a memorial service later this spring. Additional information will be announced when the family provides details. An obituary will be published in The Journal News this weekend.
Dr. James Chin, an AGSC professor, eloquently wrote about Dr. Ellison in an article that appeared in Nyack’s alumni magazine, The Path (Winter 2009, page 9) on the occasion Dr. Ellison’s retirement. Click here to read Dr. Chin’s touching tribute.
Please keep Mrs. Ellison and the rest of the family in your prayers.
- May 9: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- Nyack Manhattan Welcomes High School Music Students from Michigan
- Help Rockonomix Team Nyack Win. Vote Today!
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Browse Blog Archive>>