AGSC Pioneer Dr. Craig Ellison Home With Jesus
The campus community was received news today that Dr. Craig Ellison, founding director of Nyack’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) and a pioneer in the field of Christian counseling, passed away on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:45 a.m.
His beloved wife Sharon said he went home to be with the Lord "in complete Shalom."
In his professional career, Dr. Ellison wore many hats, among them psychology professor, author, clinician, researcher and radio show host (“Perspectives on Personal Living”). He will long be remembered as the patriarchal figure of AGSC—a treasure to students, faculty, and staff.
A graveside service was held for Dr. Ellison today in Holland, MI. The family plans to hold a memorial service later this spring. Additional information will be announced when the family provides details. An obituary will be published in The Journal News this weekend.
Dr. James Chin, an AGSC professor, eloquently wrote about Dr. Ellison in an article that appeared in Nyack’s alumni magazine, The Path (Winter 2009, page 9) on the occasion Dr. Ellison’s retirement. Click here to read Dr. Chin’s touching tribute.
Please keep Mrs. Ellison and the rest of the family in your prayers.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>