AGSM Concludes "Project Experience" Exhibit
Project Experience, hosted since January 25 by the Alliance Graduate School of Missions on the ATS Rockland County campus and supported by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, is excited to announce it will extend the presentation through February 10. This interactive museum highlights issues related to systemic poverty and injustice in America and around the world. Whether you consider yourself thoroughly knowledgeable in local and international injustices or you're just becoming aware, you do not want to miss this unique exhibit.
Since the opening of Project Experience, hundreds of students and faculty members have been guided through the thirty minute tour. Commenting on what he learned from the Experience, undergraduate student Yinkon Her said, “It’s heartbreaking. This is the reason I am going to the mission field.”
Project Experience not only challenges visitors with issues of injustice, but presents other areas where ATS grads are working in sustainable ways to promote economic and spiritual growth, such as the Talibé Project, led by International-Workers-in-Residence Brian and Michelle Davis. The Davises are working to build a center for young boys that will provide an education and vocational skills as well as discipleship. They have raised $11,000 of their $20,000 goal.
Project Experience is open to visitors from campus and the community, including classes, church groups, or individuals. Tours are open from 12 pm - 2 pm and 5 pm -6 pm. Group tours can also be scheduled for anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 845-770-5755.
- Nyack's School of Education: National Recognition...Times 9
- NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Nyack Among Local Colleges Offering Scholarships to MLK Oratory Contest Winners
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Browse Blog Archive>>