Music Profs Are Producers of March 11 Benefit Concert at Palace Theater
Internationally acclaimed vocalists, Joel (bass) and Shelley Jameson (soprano), who are professors at Nyack Rockland’s School of Music, will produce a benefit concert at the Palace Theater located at 80 Hanover Street in Manchester, NH on Sunday, March 11 at 2 p.m. All proceeds from the concert will help their friend, Linda Rainville, a recent recipient of a life-saving lung transplant, with staggering medical expenses that have accumulated as well as the costs of ongoing treatments to support her recovery.
The Jamesons, a dynamic husband and wife team, have graced stages around the globe, among them the Boshoi in Moscow, the Japanese National Theater in Tokyo and Teatro Municipale in Santiago, Chile. They have also performed at Carnegie Hall, New York City Opera, Washington Opera, and Los Angeles Opera. Joining them in concert will be six Nyack College Opera Workshop vocal students: Laurelle Virola, Laura Martinez, Melissa Ruitenberg, Qian Ye, Sam McDonald, and Nyack alumnus, Dan Ansaldo. Dan Maiullo will be the accompanist.
The program will include selections from La Boheme, La Traviata, Romeo and Juliet, The Magic Flute and popular musical theater compositions.
For more information about this charitable outreach, click here. Ticket information is also available at the Palace Theater box office at 603.668.5588.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>