Rockland County Leaders Recognized by Nyack College
Rockland County educators, elected officials, community activists and leaders gathered for the annual Nyack College Social Justice Day luncheon at the Nyack Seaport, where four distinguished Rockland County leaders received the college's 2012 Social Justice Day Award for exemplary service. The honorees were, (pictured above l-r) retired Rockland County Sheriff James Kralik, Drs. Susan and Edmund Gordon of the CEJJES Institute in Pomona, and 95th District Assemblywoman, the Honorable Ellen Jaffee.
Responding to being selected for the honor, Sheriff Kralik said "Of the numerous awards for law enforcement and public safety I have received, I am honored to receive this expression of thanks from such caring people. It is an honor and a joy."
Mrs. Jaffee was delighted "to be in such extraordinary company of honorees." She continued, "I want to attribute any success to people like these who have motivated and inspired me as they respond to issues and care for and advocate for youth."
Among the celebrants was Jessica Gordon Nembhard, daughter of the Gordons, and who with her siblings established the CEJJES Institute in honor of her parents work in education. Clearly proud of her parents, she said they "have spent their whole lives advocating for social justice. I'm proud to see other people recognizing them for their efforts."
- OCT 7: Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Browse Blog Archive>>