Dr. Andrea Hennessy: New Vice President of Admissions and Marketing
Nyack President-elect Dr. Michael Scales announced that Dr. Andrea Hennessy has been appointed to the position of Vice President for Admissions and Marketing, effective March 1, 2006. Dr. Hennessy has been Assistant Vice President and Dean of the School of Adult and Continuing Education since 2003, overseeing Nyack’s Accelerated Degree Completion Program. During her time as Dean, the School of Adult and Continuing Education developed the College’s new Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, established and launched the Capital District Extension Site in Albany, NY and greatly expanded the College’s online course offerings. Prior to becoming Dean, Dr. Hennessy was the Director of Academic Resources for ADCP. She has taught in the program since 1997. Dr.Hennessy holds the B.A. from American University and the J.D. from RegentUniversity.
As Vice President for Admissions and Marketing, Dr. Hennessy will oversee the admission departments of Alliance Theological Seminary, the graduate and under- graduate programs of the College both in Nyack and New York City, and the non-traditional programs offered through the School of Adult and Continuing Education, including at the extension sites in Dayton, Ohio and Washington, DC. The marketing efforts of the institution will also be under her direction.
During the next several months, Dr. Hennessy will be dividing her time between her new responsibilities and her current ones until a new Dean for the School of Adult and Continuing Education is selected.
Nyack’s newest vice president shared, “After 10 years at Nyack, I am looking forward to shifting my focus from the classroom student to the many potential students. Understanding all that Nyack offers is exciting and energizing; I intend to use my experiences to promote and encourage students to attend Nyack. Students who engage all that Nyack has to offer find their time with us transformational; it is both a blessing and privilege to now serve Nyack in this new position.”
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>