School of Education News
Department Chapel- "An Attitude of Gratitude"
On Monday February 11, the School of Education conducted its first Departmental Chapel for the spring semester. The spiritual theme for the school year is "An Attitude of Gratitude" and our Bible text is 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
The School of Education departmental chapels have several objectives. The first is to provide relevant and updated academic information for our students regarding curricular changes in the School of Education, and to track evolving New York State requirements for certification. A second objective is to develop a sense of camaraderie among Education students as we spend time together as a unit. Yet another objective is to provide spiritual and emotional support for our students to assist them in getting through the academic and social challenges of college life.
The highlight of our chapel was the student testimonies. Five students (Darla Lundsford, Shervin Johnson, Samantha Taussig, Ricky Gessler, and Kimancia Crosson) shared their testimony about how they came to Nyack College. Their experiences inspired and encouraged students and faculty. We all learned that despite the challenges and setbacks we might encounter, we still need to give thanks because God is working out His purpose!
- Value and Flexibility of a Nyack School of Education Degree within and beyond the K-12 Classroom
- Lessons Learned while Teaching in India
- Blessings from the Dominican Republic
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Browse Blog Archive>>