Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Lux and Adjunct Farrell Garcia present papers at Christianity & English conference
Dr. Elaine Lux and Adjunct Maureen Farrell Garcia of the Department of English, both presented papers at the 2013 Northeast Conference on Christianity, held November 8-9, at St. Francis College, in Brooklyn, NY. The theme of the Conference was Literature of Luther: The Individual, Freedom, and Grace.
Dr. Lux's paper was entitled “Release From Torment: Finding Grace in Arthur Miller’s After the Fall, John Osborne’s Luther, and C.S. Lewis's Till We Have Faces." Ms. Farrell Garcia’s paper was entitled “A Shadow and a Shining: Transformations and Transfigurations in the Fiction of C.S. Lewis.”
For more information:
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>