Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmeceda facilitates peacemaking workshops
Dr. Nina Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, participated in the 2013 Annual Peacemakers Conference, in Columbus,
OH, on September 26-29.
Dr. Balmaceda partnered with Mr. Chip Zimmer, Vice President for Peacemakers' Global Ministries, in leading a workshop on "Transformative Mediation," and a two-part workshop on "Peacemaking
and the Pursuit of Justice." In their workshops, Dr. Balmaceda and Mr. Zimmer examine how a biblical understanding of justice needs to be part of any peacemaking process. Arguing that justice is much more than a set of “standards” impersonally applied to a conflict situation, they affirm that biblical justice is both highly personal and collective, and it is all about treating others as their dignity
as human beings requires in terms of responsibility, restitution and reparation.
For more information visit: http://www.peacemakerconference.net/workshops/
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>