Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Poston and Dean Poston present at Kent State
Dr. Larry Poston, Professor of Religion, and Linda Poston, Dean of Library Services, presented “The Kahal, Zawiya, and Monastic Multiplexes: Informational Centripetalism as Medieval Mission” at the Annual Conference of the Center for the Study of Information and Religion
The missiological strategies developed in the Middle Ages by the adherents of Judaism, Islam and Christianity were centripetal in approach, drawing persons in each case inward to a central structure. Jews, Muslims and Christians constructed multiplex institutions as outposts for the spread and/or maintenance of their respective beliefs and practices. Included in nearly all of these were collections of religious documents in libraries. This paper examined the origins and histories of these institutions will be explored with particular attention to the role of the document collections in each.
For more Information:
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Dr. Danaher publishes "The Second Truth"
- Browse Blog Archive>>