Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda lectures in Uruguay & elected jurist chair
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, delivered a lecture on the American Constitutional System at the Catholic University of Uruguay Law School (UCUDAL) on May 16, 2013.
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Tenth Convention for Christian Lawyers organized by the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists, of which she is a founding member. Her address was titled "Christian Perspectives on Justice: Reflections in the Fight against Crime."
During the last assembly session of the Convention, Dr. Balmaceda was elected Chair of the Deliberative Council of the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists, which coordinates the efforts of Christian legal professionals in Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela.
For more in formation: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advocates-International/156102987221
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>