Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda lectures in Uruguay & elected jurist chair
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, delivered a lecture on the American Constitutional System at the Catholic University of Uruguay Law School (UCUDAL) on May 16, 2013.
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Tenth Convention for Christian Lawyers organized by the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists, of which she is a founding member. Her address was titled "Christian Perspectives on Justice: Reflections in the Fight against Crime."
During the last assembly session of the Convention, Dr. Balmaceda was elected Chair of the Deliberative Council of the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists, which coordinates the efforts of Christian legal professionals in Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay and Venezuela.
For more in formation: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Advocates-International/156102987221
- Dr. Poston reviews book on South Indian Cosmology
- Dr. Balmaceda publishes article in Journal of Latin American Theology
- Dr. Romaine Lectures at Mockingbird Conference
- Fourth Annual Student Research Conference
- Dr. Romaine to deliver keynote address at The Schoenhals Sumposium
- Dr. Kaluka publishes article in Biochemistry journal
- Congratulations on A&S Faculty Promotions
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Yu
- Percie McLain joins A&S as Administrative Coordinator
- Dr. Park initiates Nyack College Fishing Club
- Dr. Yu publishes review in Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Park joins BIOL-O-GEE R.A.P. TEAM
- Division of Student Success Awarded Certification
- Dr. Poston and Pamela Code explore death, religion and science
- Dr. Pinkham delivers paper and publishes review
- Browse Blog Archive>>