Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Park delivers two lectures
Dr. Peter Park, Assistant Professor of Biology, spoke at the Youth Educational Seining Programs (YES) Conference at St. Francis College on March 15, 2013. His talk, “Seining in Nyack: A Genuine Ecology Experience for Non-science Majors,” summarized his seining and fishing trips in the Hudson River that were a part of the Nyack College Spring 2012 Ecology course (BIO112) course. At this meeting, fish biologists and nature educators from the NYC area gathered to discuss the potential for developing standardized methods to collect fish survey data from the Hudson River estuary. The goal of this planning was focused on how to offer undergraduates, enrolled in majors and non-majors biology courses, opportunities to collect reliable data that could potentially be used for research purposes by other institutions or organizations.
On April 6, 2013, Dr. Park also lecture on, “Teaching Evolution in a Christian College: Worries, Wants, and Hopes?” at the Evangelical Theological Society - Northeast Section - Annual Meeting, held at the Alliance Theological Seminary. Dr. Park, an evolutionary biologist, shared his approach to teaching evolutionary biology to Nyack College students.
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>