Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Dr. Balmaceda addresses Brazilian Lawyers and Peruvian Congress
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Associate Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Christian Scholarship and Global Engagement, participated as a plenary speaker and panelist at a recent National Christian Lawyers Congress in Brazil. Her presentations focused on the role of law, public policy and culture in the challenges to the enjoyment of human rights, the defense of life and the construction of more peaceful and just societies in Latin America.
For more information:
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Forum on Rights of Children with Disabilities organized by the National Program for Family Wellbeing (INABIF), which took place at the Peruvian Congress on Feb. 15. The responders to her presentation were Peruvian Congressman Jhon Reynaga, President of the Congressional Committee on Inclusion of People with Disabilities; Ms. Nancy Tolentino, INABIF Executive Director; Mr. Wilfredo Guzmán, President of the Peruvian
Council for the Rights of People with Disabilities; and Mr. Alfredo Alfaro, Director of the Development of Vulnerable Populations Office of the Peruvian Government.
For more information: http://www.inabif.gob.pe/portalweb/noticia.php?i=1&n=9634a982a74c9ed50cadbdb2eef8e1c2
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>