Nyack College Arts and Sciences News
Prof. Cid examines David Hume's moral theory
MEN OF LETTERS FEBRUARY LECTURE
Thursday, February 14 at 5:15pm
Manhattan Campus (361 Broadway, Room 615)
"Reason: Slave of the Emotions"
Prof. Alfredo Cid, Ph.D.(c), Lecturer of Philosophy
Traditional western ethics has, for the most part, proposed that “reason” is the main cause of our moral action. Prof. Cid will address the Men of Letters and examine David Hume’s sentimentalist moral theory, rejecting this 2,500 years old notion, which suggests that our moral behavior is based on our emotions, and not on reason alone.
- Dr. Poston publishes two book reviews
- Dr. Arzola publishes anthology
- Alpha Chi Honor Society Rockland Chapter inducts 21 new members
- Dr. Lux publishes article on narrative theory
- Dr. Dueck publishes on religious exclusivism & diversity
- The Fine Print is Released!
- Dr. Arzola Lectures at Nyack Public Library for Poetry Month
- Dr. Romaine publishes essay in ArtWay
- Dr. Park lectures at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy
- Dr. Washington & Dr. Park Recognized as NAE Fellows
- Social Work partners with alternative-to-incarceration youth program
- Dr. Balmaceda leads discussion on mothers in prison
- Dr. Huster initiates Physics of Waves & Sound
- Dr. Arzola lectures on Pablo Neruda
- Social Work hosts "The New Jim Crow" discussion
- Browse Blog Archive>>