Federal TEACH Grant:
Nyack College is an eligible institution because we are accredited by NCATE. The TEACH Grant is a federal program for Undergraduate and Graduate students in teacher education programs offering up to $4000/year. In exchange for TEACH Grant aid, students must agree to serve as a full-time teacher at specified schools and teach in a specified field (high need schools and fields) for 4 academic years within the 8 years after completing the program. TEACH grant recipients who do not fulfill their teaching obligation must repay the grant as if it was an unsubsidized student loan. The student enters into an agreement with the federal government and they track the progress of the student after graduation. For more information and to start the application process, click here
The School of Education is proud to offer several grant opportunities to new incoming students that are renewable for all semesters enrolled if a 3.0 minimum GPA is met.
- Nyack School of Education Alumni Grant – Grant will cover 50% of the cost of tuition for qualified students graduated from the School of Education. This grant cannot be combined with any other grant offered in the MSEd program.
- Nyack College Alumni Grant—Awarded to students that are graduates from any Nyack Undergraduate program and enrolling in the MSEd program. The grant is $500 per 3 credit course and cannot be combined with any other grant offered in the MSEd program.
- Christian School Teacher Grant – Awarded to any student who is currently employed as a teacher in a Christian School. $250 per 3 credit course.
- Public School Teacher Grant – Awarded to any student who is currently employed as a teacher in a public school. $250 per 3 credit course.
- Cooperating Teacher Grant – Awarded per credit to teachers who were cooperating teachers for Nyack College student teachers. $150 per 3 credit course.
- Rockland County Teacher’s Association Grant—Awarded per credit to teachers who are members of the Teacher’s Association. $150 per 3 credit course.
- TESOL Program - International Student Grant - Awarded to students studying internationally and enrolling into a Master's in TESOL program. The grant is $500 per full-time (at least 9 credits) term.
Entrance or Exit Loan Counseling:
First Time Borrowers: PLEASE NOTE - Due to the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act, a new borrower on or after July 1, 2013 cannot receive subsidized loans for more than 150 percent of the published length of the borrower’s educational program. The law also provides that a borrower who becomes ineligible for subsidized loans because of the 150 percent limit is ineligible for interest subsidy benefits on all subsidized loans first disbursed to that borrower on or after July 1, 2013.
Exit Counseling (required of all students entering repayment. i.e.-graduating seniors)
If all of your loans have been secured through private lenders, and not the Dept. of Education please contact us using the form below.
When taking out loans to pay for school, remember you are making an investment. Borrow wisely and only if absolutely necessary to pay for college related costs.
Please note: Students are advised that if they enter into a Title IV Federal loan, the loan data will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and institutions determined to be authorized users of the data system. NSLDS information can be accessed here.
Direct Stafford Loans
GRAD PLUS Loans-Parents
Send a Message
1 South Boulevard
Nyack, NY 10960