Evaluation of Previous Learning (Social Work Transfers)

Transfer Applications from other Institutions

The transfer of credits is available in order to avoid redundancy of learning. Except where specifically noted, the general procedures described for entering freshmen also apply to all applicants seeking to transfer from other two-year and four-year regionally accredited institutions. Requests for transfer of credit are not automatic and are determined on an individual basis.

Transfer of Course Credits Procedures

Transfer Applications within the College

Students who wish to transfer from other majors to the Social Work Major within Nyack College must fill out a Change of Major Form (to be obtained from Registrar) prior to the application deadline. An interview with the Social Work Department Chair may be necessary for transfer applicants entering their junior year.

Waivers of Required Courses and Transfer of Credits

To avoid redundancy, students who believe they have already mastered the content of a required course by having already passed a similar course may submit a petition for a course waiver. No field instruction courses may be waived.

Course Waiver Procedures

Previous Work Experience

The Nyack College BSW Program does not grant social work course credit for life experience or previous work experience.