Music Minor & Music Business Minor
Students who desire to major in another field may elect to minor in music or music business. An audition is required for the music minor, but not for the music business minor. Once the minor is declared, electives within the student’s major field should be set aside for the required minor courses, if possible.
Music Minor (18-20 credits): An audition is required. (link to: audition page)
- MUS115- Music Appreciation (3 cr.)
- MUS123- Theory 1 (3 cr.) [may require MUS111 Basic Theory (2 cr.)]
- MUS121-Ear Training 1 (1 cr.)
- Private instruction in one applied area (4 cr.)
- Minor Juries (0)
- Music electives (7 cr.)
- Nyack College music organization-2 semesters minimum.
Music Business Minor (18 credits): An audition is not required.
- BUS201-Principles of Accounting I (3 cr.)
- BUS331-Principles of Marketing (3 cr.)
- BUS232- Principles of Management (3 cr.)
- MUS345-Entertainment Industry Economics (3 cr.)
- MUS347-Music Business I (3 cr.)
- MUS349-Music Business II (3 cr.)