Federal & State Aid and Loans

Federal Financial Aid
Federal Financial Aid is available in 3 different forms: grants, loans (below) and work-study. These types of financial aid help cover school expenses, including tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, and transportation. Most aid is need-based, and you are required to file a FAFSA in order to be eligible for any federal aid. Once you have applied for your FAFSA and you have been accepted to Nyack your Award Letter will inform you what you are eligible for. You may also be selected for a Federal process called verification.

Who is Eligible for Federal Financial Aid?
Student Loans
Entrance or Exit Loan Counseling:
Entrance Counseling (required of all first time borrowers)
Exit Counseling (required of all students entering repayment. i.e.-graduating seniors)
When taking out loans to pay for school, remember you are making an investment. Borrow wisely and only if absolutely necessary to pay for college related costs.
Federal Loans
Please note: Students and Parents are advised that if they enter into a Title IV Federal loan, the loan data will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and institutions determined to be authorized users of the data system. NSLDS information can be accessed here.
Direct Stafford Loans
For loan amounts, click here.
Direct PLUS Loans
Alternative Loans
New York State Aid (TAP)
Tuition Assistance Program
TAP is a New York State funded grant program for state residents only. Awards range from $500 to $5,165 and are determined by New York State.