Nyack College Residence Halls
Simpson Hall was the first building built at Nyack College’s current location to accommodate the growth of the college, then a Missionary Training Institute based out of New York City. Construction began on April 17, 1896. The four-storied building, standing on four acres, measured 250 feet by 70 feet. The building was rebuilt on its original stone foundation in 1981, retaining its striking Victorian design.
Simpson Hall currently has a bed space of 201 (39 double rooms, 21 triple rooms, 8 quad rooms, and 14 double rooms with private bathrooms) and is equipped with air conditioning and an elevator. The building is divided into two wings, the North Side and the South Side, with the elevator located on the North side. Passage between the two wings is available on the 1st, 2nd and 4th floors. Each floor, with the exception of the first floor, is equipped with four communal bathrooms, two in each wing; the first floor has one communal bathroom.
Doubles with private baths are reserved for Junior and Senior students first.
A study lounge is located on the fourth floor. Laundry facilities, vending machines, and a student lounge, complete with a kitchen and cable TV, are located in the basement.
Christie Hall was built in response to overcrowded conditions in Simpson Hall. Christie Hall’s cornerstone was laid in 1945 and the new residence hall was ready for occupancy by September 1946. The red-brick structure has four floors and three sections designated as South, Center, and North.
Christie South (four floors) currently has bed space for 68 (20 single rooms and 24 double rooms); Christie Center (three floors) has bed space for 57 (21 single rooms and 18 double rooms); and Christie North (four floors) has bed space for 68 (20 single rooms and 24 double rooms). Each floor has one communal bathroom.
Singles are reserved for Junior and Senior students first.
Laundry facilities, vending machines, a work-out room and a student lounge, complete with a kitchen and cable TV, are located in the basement. Christie Hall is non air-conditioned.
Moseley Hall was acquired by the college in 1956, having previously been a country club. A wing was later added to the side of this building to make room for a growing student body.
Moseley Hall is divided into two wings: Moseley North (four floors) and Moseley South (2 floors). Moseley North currently has a bed space of 140 (1 single room, 58 double rooms, 1 triple room, 2 quad rooms and 3 quint rooms) with one communal bathroom per floor. Moseley South has a bed space of 69 (3 single rooms, 23 double rooms, 4 triple rooms, and 2 quad rooms) arranged suite style with a shared bathroom in between two rooms or directly outside a group of three rooms.
Singles are reserved for Junior and Senior students first. The 3rd and 4th floor on the north side are reserved for incoming Freshman and Transfer students.
Laundry facilities, vending machines, and a student lounge, complete with a newly renovated kitchen and cable TV, are located on the first floor. Moseley Hall is non air-conditioned.