Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) in Organizational Management (OM) at Nyack College
The Nyack College online Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Professional Studies in Organizational Management is a degree completion program designed to allow students to develop as leaders and change agents within their organizations. With a focus on organizational health and growth, students are equipped to analyze, diagnose, and lead change in order to address organizational issues. With a strong focus on academic research, students in this program are fully prepared for graduate school. This degree is designed to be completed in as little as 16 months (three semesters) and classes are conducted in a cohort model.
- Flexible schedule: Interactive, fully online classes are held once a week at a time compatible with students’ work schedules
- Supportive environment: A cohort-based learning environment that encourages growth and helps students develop their communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Practical application: Course content is geared toward practical application in the everyday lives and occupations of the students
- Only 16 months: Complete the requirements for an accredited bachelor’s degree in 16 months (three 24-week terms)
- Frequent launches: New cohorts are launching six times throughout the year.
- Prior experience: Transfer in 60-84 credits from life/career experience such as ACE or NCCRS training courses, CLEP or DSST exams or from prior coursework. Students may have obtained college-level prior learning from non-college professional development programs, training experiences offered by an employer, professional associations, community-based organizations or military experience. Non-college learning evaluated for college credit by the American Council on Education (ACE) CREDIT or National College Credit Recommendation Service(NCCRS) may be transferred toward general elective credits and if applicable some core credits.
- Engage in course content that is geared toward practical application in the everyday lives and occupations of the students
- Gain course credit for a wide variety of competencies and skills from experience
- Fit into your busy lifestyle undergraduate level courses from the comforts of your own home or while traveling
- Open the door to great opportunities in business; non-profit or non-governmental agencies; state or federal government positions; academia and education; entrepreneurial; and continuing education at the Master’s level.
- A minimum of 60 credits to enroll. Only coursework with a grade of “C” or higher will be accepted as transfer credits, except when part of a completed Associate’s Degree.
- A proficiency of management as shown in a resume or through transferred college classes.
- International students: TOEFL score of 80 or higher.
Upon completion of the program, candidates are expected to have:
- Demonstrated ability skills in the use of technology, communication, and research as it relates to scholarship (Academically Excellent)
- Developed analytical thinking skills as tools for problem solving in the workplace (Academically Excellent)
- Demonstrated fluency in using ethical theories as a framework for positioning organizations as responsible, global citizens (Globally Engaged)
- Demonstrated the ability to utilize diverse perspectives as a means to solving problems and initiating change within an organizational context (Intentionally Diverse)
- Developed process in which to assess and promote personal growth, development, and lifelong learning (Personally Transforming)
- Demonstrated the ability to use a multidisciplinary approach to understand organizations. Understood the process of how to bring about positive change and growth within organization (Socially Relevant)