Apply to the RN to BSN Program
- Valid license as a RN in US: Submit a copy of valid RN license.
- Application and application fee: Applicants must turn in a completed application for admissions with a $50.00 application fee.
- Official college transcript: An applicant must have completed an associated degree or diploma from an accredited institution with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. In order to certify their academic eligibility the student is required to submit official college transcripts from the accredited institution that awarded the degree. International transcripts must be submitted to World Education Services.
- Nursing Essay. Submit a typed essay using the following as a guide:
Describe your career goals and why you have selected the RN-BSN program at Nyack College to assist you in accomplishing these goals (250 words).
- Professional Recommendation. Obtain a recommendation from your supervisor to verify your commitment and ability to complete your degree. You may use professional recommendation form provided or submit a letter.
- Immunization Records. Documentation of appropriate vaccination for measles, mumps, and rubella, along with a meningitis form, must be provided by the applicant in accordance with New York State health regulations for colleges.
- Computer literacy. Students in the RN BSN program will use an online environment for a portion of their learning. Technology skills are necessary for successful completion of the program. Students are required to have access to a computer and the Internet.
- Consistent access to a computer with a high-speed internet connection
- Ability to run Flash Players
- Ability to send/receive e-mails and e-mail attachments
- Ability to download files
- Ability to conduct research via the internet
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel)