School of Nursing Online Application
APPLICATION FILING PERIOD: January 15th through March 15th for April Kaplan Exam, August 15th through October 15th for the November Kaplan Exam. Applications received after the filling period will not be considered.
Please note that student must be accepted to Nyack College before completing the School of Nursing application.
Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam: The exam will be administered as follows:
|November 8, 2013||Friday||9:00am - 12:30 PM|
|April 11, 2014||Friday||9:00am - 12:30 PM|
EXAMINATION FEE: $0.00
APPLICATION PROCESS: Students submit an on-line application. After evaluating the application, qualified students will be invited to the Kaplan exam.
Kaplan Exam Questions? The Kaplan Nursing Entrance Exam is designed to determine the academic readiness of applicants to post-secondary education programs. The Kaplan contains four subtests: Math, Science, English, and Reading.
Admission to the Nursing Major is open to qualified Nursing Pre-Requisite Curriculum students and qualified transfer students. Your cumulative GPA and the score obtained in your Kaplan exam will determine the admission to the Nursing Major.
- Students must be U.S citizens or have one of the following immigration statuses:
- Permanent resident (pending permanent residency will not be considered)
- F1 Visa
- Asylum Refugee, Temporary Protected Status, Withholding of Removal, or Deferred Action Status by the U.S. Government
- Completion of pre-requisite courses including College Algebra, Essentials of Chemistry, Principles of Nutrition, Anatomy and Physiology I, College Writing I and II, and General Psychology
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 in core math and science courses (College Algebra, Essentials of Chemistry, Principles of Nutrition, and Anatomy and Physiology I)
- Nursing Essay
- Must meet or exceed the national average score of TEAS exam