Program Information (Music NYC)
- Bachelor of Arts with Major in Music. This major provides students with a solid liberal-arts framework as they develop their musical skills and talents.
- Bachelor of Arts with Concentration in Sacred Music. Within this major, students may take elective courses which will prepare them for a career in church music.
- Bachelor of Music. This major is for students who are preparing to continue as professional musicians when they leave Nyack. It is available to outstanding instrumental and vocal performers by audition only.
- Bachelor of Music Education. This degree is for students who wish to be certified teachers in the public schools and is also open to excellent musicians by audition.
- Interdisciplinary Courses with Music Concentration. Students who wish to diversify into two areas may choose Music as one of their areas of concentration. Popular choices include Music and Business, and Music and Pastoral Ministry.
- Music Minor. Students who desire to major in another field may elect to minor in music.
Music Program Details
Or you can download the entire Nyack catalog for 2004-2005:
Nyack Catalog 2005-2006
Here are examples of syllabi for some of our music and fine arts classes
Voice Lessons MUS 010
Basic Piano Skills MUS 104
Beginning Guitar Technique MUS 105
Elementary Ear Training MUS 121
Music History to 1800 MUS 214
Singer's Diction MUS 233
Music History to 2000 MUS 320
Choral Conducting Techniques MUS 334
Hymnology MUS 357
Opera Workshop MUS 365
Music and Worship MUS 415
Introduction to the Fine Arts FNA 111
Music Appreciation FNA 115
20th Century Fine Arts FNA 231