Jobs in Rockland County
|Job Posted: 11.12.2015 Job Type: Staff Location: Rockland
|College of Bible and Christian Ministry
|Rockland’s College of Bible and Christian Ministry has an opening for the part-time position of Administrative Assistant. Working approximately 25 hours per week, duties and responsibilities include overseeing maintenance of office equipment and supplies; writing and distributing minutes; requisitioning checks; generating contracts and pay orders; maintaining files; corresponding with the Provost’s Office and Registrar; and assisting the Dean and faculty with the completion of other tasks.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Minimum of 2 years administrative experience in a professional setting, preferably as an administrative assistant
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows platform
4. Strong attention to details and deadlines
5. Good interpersonal skills, including phone and interoffice relations
6. Demonstrated Christian commitment
|Send a resume and cover letter to:
College of Bible and Christian Ministry
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
Via e-mail to Melissa.Longley@nyack.edu. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled. Successful candidate to start in mid-December.
|Job Posted: 06.11.2015 Job Type: Staff Location: Rockland
|Rockland's Office of Undergraduate Admissions has an opening for an Admissions Counselor. The primary position objective is to recruit an assigned number of qualified students for the fall, spring and summer semesters. Duties and responsibilities include utilizing a database and other information sources to guide prospective students through the application process; scheduling and attending appointments at churches, schools, and other points of contact; and assisting with the registration of prospective students.
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
3. Professional and pleasant telephone personality
4. Sales or marketing experience
5. Commitment to a Christian philosophy of education
6. Self-starting, creative, and confident
7. Ability to travel, work flexible hours and occasional weekend work required
|Send a cover letter, resume, and completed Staff Application (available for download at the top of this page) to:
Mr. Dan Bailey
Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Rockland
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.
|Job Posted: 07.04.2014 Job Type: Faculty Location: Rockland
|School of Nursing
|Nyack College’s School of Nursing invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Nursing faculty appointment beginning in Fall 2015. Responsibilities include classroom and clinical teaching, student advisement, and scholarship engagement.
The successful candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Nursing with a clinical specialization, preferably in adult health nursing. An earned doctoral degree in nursing or a health-related field is preferred. Candidates enrolled in a doctoral program with strong clinical/educational background will be considered. RN licensure in New York state, at least 2 years of teaching nursing at the baccalaureate level, and at least 5 years of clinical experience are also required.
With locations in scenic Rockland County and in Lower Manhattan, Nyack College is a Christian liberal arts college of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Candidates should be supportive of the college’s core values, statement of faith and lifestyle expectations. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary and rank is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
|To apply, email a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a completed faculty application to the attention of:
Dr. Elizabeth Simon
Dean, School of Nursing
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
Jobs in New York City
|Job Posted: 03.03.2015 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Nyack College is looking to add an energetic and personable Admissions Associate to our Admissions team in New York City. A successful candidate will enjoy telling Nyack’s unique story to prospective students, emotionally engage every person that expresses interest in Nyack, and professionally represent the identity, character and mission of Nyack with excellence.
The primary objective of this position is to recruit, counsel and enroll prospective students into designated degree programs. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting applicants through enrollment process
• Representing Nyack College at recruitment events
• Flexibility in working both independently and as a part of a team
• Serving as a primary contact for prospective students and applicants
• Maintaining in-depth knowledge of program requirements, degree offerings and school enrollment policies
• Scheduling and delivering presentations at various events
• Representing Nyack’s programs at college fairs and other recruitment events
• Executing outreach strategies to engage prospective students and actively respond to follow-up inquiries
• Performing administrative office duties such as receiving phone calls and answering emails
1. Strong Christian character and devotion to Christian service
2. Bachelor's degree required
3. Ability to relate to a diverse pool of prospective college students with sensitivity, diplomacy and discretion
4. Related work experience and/or sales/customer service background, preferred
5. Comfortable with technology and able to learn and use a Customer Relationship Management database
6. Willingness and ability to travel locally within the New York Metro area
7. Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
8. Outgoing, positive professional
9. Experience and comfort with public speaking with strong interpersonal communication skills
10. Perseverance, attention to detail and strong work ethic
11. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adapt, multitask and prioritize projects to meet or exceed assigned goals in high pressure environments
|Email a cover letter, resume and completed Staff Application (available for download at the top of this page) to:
Interim Director, Undergraduate Admissions NYC
2 Washington St
New York, NY 10004
at email@example.com. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.
|Job Posted: 10.03.2014 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Office for Student Life
|Manhattan’s Office for Student Life has a part-time position available for an Administrative Assistant. Working approximately 20 hours per week, duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Providing administrative oversight to ensure a smooth functioning environment between the Associate Dean, Assistant to the Associate Dean, students, clubs and general Nyack community,
• Providing and facilitating all administrative duties such as phone calls, memos, announcements, and general maintenance connected to all forms of communication between students, faculty and staff,
• Processing all photo IDs by verification of enrolled status,
• Maintaining, keeping up-to-date, and monitoring all bulletin boards which display student activities and events,
• Providing all administrative support connected to student events, programs, outreaches and all other forms of activities which represent the Nyack student community,
• Preparing the annual student Yearbook,
• Ordering office supplies and maintaining proper inventory,
• Taking minutes at monthly meetings and distributing them to necessary audience, and
• Occasionally assist in off-campus activities and events.
1. Bachelor degree preferred
2. Mature and responsible person who can be trusted with confidential information
3. Organizational and multitasking skills
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional and graphics design
6. Proficient in email and internet search and development
7. Basic website design
8. Understanding of and appreciation for a diverse student body
9. Team player and strong people skills
10. Exhibits creative ideas and initiative; self-motivated
|Send a resume and cover letter addressed to:
Rev. Charles Hammond
Associate Dean of Student Life
Nyack College - NYC Campus
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Posted: 05.20.2014 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Office of Enrollment Services
|The Office of Enrollment Services of Nyack College has an opening for the position of Director of Undergraduate Admissions at the Manhattan Campus.
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions is focused on the proactive engagement of prospective students and the delivery of superior service in support of admission and College enrollment goals. The Director must embrace, as well as be an advocate for, Nyack's mission to provide Christian, high quality, relevant education enabling the broadest possible community of learners to achieve their goals.
The successful candidate will be able to manage and supervise an admissions team, work collaboratively with other departments, and inspire and motivate others. The Director will be responsible for overseeing the application and enrollment of qualified students for the campus. This will be accomplished through managing the admissions process and directing the admissions team in responding to inquiries, monitoring and reviewing admissions applicants, enrolling qualified students, and successfully transitioning them into College.
1. Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
2. Prior experience and success in University enrollment or sales
3. At least 10 years of managerial experience
4. At least 10 years of experience in customer service and excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to build relationships with customers and co-workers
5. Enthusiastic, friendly, ambitious, persistent, and goal-oriented, with an ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
6. Ability to influence and inspire others to perform their jobs effectively and reach their goals
7. Ability to clearly present information publicly
8. Excellent computer and organizational skills
9. Attentive to detail and understanding of statistics and reporting
10. An understanding of and commitment to the Core Values of Nyack College
|Send a resume, cover letter, and completed Staff Application (available for download at www.nyack.edu/jobs) to the attention of:
Director of Human Resources
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
via e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.