Jobs in Rockland County
|Job Posted: 01.19.2016 Job Type: Staff Location: Rockland
|Nyack College is searching for a Vice President of Enrollment located at one of its New York campuses. The executive will have primary responsibility for growing undergraduate and graduate enrollment through the recruitment of new students and the delivery of a compelling marketing message to a global pool of potential students. The Vice President will report to the institution’s President and will sit on his cabinet.
Please see the link at the top of this page for additional details about the position.
|Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter explaining your motivation to pursue the position and your qualifications, a resume, and three professional references no later than March 1, 2016 to email@example.com.
|Job Posted: 06.11.2015 Job Type: Staff Location: Rockland
|Rockland's Office of Undergraduate Admissions has an opening for an Admissions Counselor. The primary position objective is to recruit an assigned number of qualified students for the fall, spring and summer semesters. Duties and responsibilities include utilizing a database and other information sources to guide prospective students through the application process; scheduling and attending appointments at churches, schools, and other points of contact; and assisting with the registration of prospective students.
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
3. Professional and pleasant telephone personality
4. Sales or marketing experience
5. Commitment to a Christian philosophy of education
6. Self-starting, creative, and confident
7. Ability to travel, work flexible hours and occasional weekend work required
|Send a cover letter, resume, and completed Staff Application (available for download at the top of this page) to:
Mr. Dan Bailey
Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Rockland
1 South Blvd
Nyack, NY 10960
or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.
Jobs in New York City
|Job Posted: 03.03.2015 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Nyack College is looking to add an energetic and personable Admissions Associate to our Admissions team in New York City. A successful candidate will enjoy telling Nyack’s unique story to prospective students, emotionally engage every person that expresses interest in Nyack, and professionally represent the identity, character and mission of Nyack with excellence.
The primary objective of this position is to recruit, counsel and enroll prospective students into designated degree programs. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting applicants through enrollment process
• Representing Nyack College at recruitment events
• Flexibility in working both independently and as a part of a team
• Serving as a primary contact for prospective students and applicants
• Maintaining in-depth knowledge of program requirements, degree offerings and school enrollment policies
• Scheduling and delivering presentations at various events
• Representing Nyack’s programs at college fairs and other recruitment events
• Executing outreach strategies to engage prospective students and actively respond to follow-up inquiries
• Performing administrative office duties such as receiving phone calls and answering emails
1. Strong Christian character and devotion to Christian service
2. Bachelor's degree required
3. Ability to relate to a diverse pool of prospective college students with sensitivity, diplomacy and discretion
4. Related work experience and/or sales/customer service background, preferred
5. Comfortable with technology and able to learn and use a Customer Relationship Management database
6. Willingness and ability to travel locally within the New York Metro area
7. Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours as needed
8. Outgoing, positive professional
9. Experience and comfort with public speaking with strong interpersonal communication skills
10. Perseverance, attention to detail and strong work ethic
11. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adapt, multitask and prioritize projects to meet or exceed assigned goals in high pressure environments
|Email a cover letter, resume and completed Staff Application (available for download at the top of this page) to:
Interim Director, Undergraduate Admissions NYC
2 Washington St
New York, NY 10004
at email@example.com. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.
|Job Posted: 10.03.2014 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|Office for Student Life
|Manhattan’s Office for Student Life has a part-time position available for an Administrative Assistant. Working approximately 20 hours per week, duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Providing administrative oversight to ensure a smooth functioning environment between the Associate Dean, Assistant to the Associate Dean, students, clubs and general Nyack community,
• Providing and facilitating all administrative duties such as phone calls, memos, announcements, and general maintenance connected to all forms of communication between students, faculty and staff,
• Processing all photo IDs by verification of enrolled status,
• Maintaining, keeping up-to-date, and monitoring all bulletin boards which display student activities and events,
• Providing all administrative support connected to student events, programs, outreaches and all other forms of activities which represent the Nyack student community,
• Preparing the annual student Yearbook,
• Ordering office supplies and maintaining proper inventory,
• Taking minutes at monthly meetings and distributing them to necessary audience, and
• Occasionally assist in off-campus activities and events.
1. Bachelor degree preferred
2. Mature and responsible person who can be trusted with confidential information
3. Organizational and multitasking skills
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional and graphics design
6. Proficient in email and internet search and development
7. Basic website design
8. Understanding of and appreciation for a diverse student body
9. Team player and strong people skills
10. Exhibits creative ideas and initiative; self-motivated
|Send a resume and cover letter addressed to:
Rev. Charles Hammond
Associate Dean of Student Life
Nyack College - NYC Campus
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs in Other Locations
|Job Posted: 12.14.2015 Job Type: Faculty Location: Other
|School of Education
|The School of Education, Master's of Science in Education Program has adjunct online teaching positions open for the following disciplines for September 2016:
(1) Bilingual Education, (2) Childhood Education, (3) Special Education, (4) TESOL
1. Commitment to Christian Education and a Christian World View
2. Ph.D or ABD in the discipline preferred
3. Teaching certification in the intended area
4. Teaching experience with intended population
5. On-line teaching experience
|Applicants must submit a completed (1) Nyack College Faculty Employment Application which can be downloaded from this site, as well as a (2) Curriculum Vitae.
Incomplete applications without both components will not be considered.
Kindly forward to:
JoAnn Looney, Ed. D.
Dean - School of Education
One South Blvd.
Nyack, NY 10960