An unconditional employment offer from Nyack College is contingent upon a successful background check.
Jobs in New York City
|Job Posted: 03.21.2018 Job Type: Staff Location: NYC
|School of Social Work
|The School of Social Work at the Manhattan Campus has a part-time opening for a Field Education Office Assistant. Working approximately 20 hours per week, the successful candidate will assist the Field Education Director with implementing field education program requirements and placing students with field agencies. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Establishing rapport with partnering field agencies in the NYC metropolitan region and recruiting new agencies to partner with the Field Education program.
• Collecting, reviewing, and processing field education applications, and related forms from BSW Seniors, Foundation Year MSW students, and Advanced Year MSW students.
• Meeting with Field Education applicants to discuss placement interests, learning needs, and career goals.
• Following-up on eligible students placed with an appropriate agency.
• Collecting, reviewing, and processing all forms related to Field Instructors and Field Liaisons (including but not limited to agency affiliation forms, agency enrollment forms, and agency visit forms).
• Utilizing designated electronic Field Education Software to collect and manage all forms related to Field Education (including but not limited to time sheets, process recordings, field instructor log forms, learning contracts, and evaluations of field liaison).
• Fulfilling other Field Program development tasks as assigned (including updating the field placement spreadsheet, phone, and email contacts).
1. College degree required, social work major preferred
2. Excellent interpersonal skills
3. Strong organizational skills
4. Personal commitment to Christian higher education
|Send a resume and cover letter to Erica Ponteen, Lecturer in Social Work and Director of Field Education, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position available immediately. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.