Healthcare Management (BS) Online
The Nyack College online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management degree completion program will prepare students to pursue management and leadership positions within healthcare, one of today’s fastest growing industries. Requiring 120 credits for completion, students may enter into the program with as little as 60 credits. The program is customized to fit each student's needs; an individualized degree plan is created based upon the transfer credits. This program is designed to be completed within 16 months (three terms) and is taught using a cohort model format.
- Flexible schedule: Interactive, fully online classes are held once a week at a time compatible with students’ work schedules
- Supportive environment: A focused cohort-based structure designed to help working adults complete their undergraduate degree in Healthcare Management.
- Practical application: Course content is geared toward practical application in a variety of workplace settings, including hospitals, home care, medical group practices, clinics, and emergency services
- Only 16 months: Complete the requirements for an accredited bachelor’s degree in 16 months (three 24-week terms)
- Frequent launches: New cohorts are launching six times throughout the year.
- Prior experience: Transfer in 60-84 credits from life/career experience or from prior coursework
- Experience relevant course offerings that immediately apply classroom learning in one of today’s fastest growing industries
- Engage in a learning environment that encourages growth and helps students develop their communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Fit into your busy lifestyle undergraduate level courses from the comforts of your own home or while traveling
- Seize the opportunity to study at a fully accredited institution, founded in 1882 on progressive education ideals. Today Nyack College strives to foster a spirit of caring and service while providing educational access and excellence to a diverse population.
- Open the door to executive, management, consulting, administration, planning, human resources, and IT opportunities in hospitals, home care, medical group practices, clinics, and emergency services.
- A minimum of 60 credits to enroll. Only coursework with a grade of “C” or higher will be accepted as transfer credits, except when part of a completed Associate’s Degree.
- A proficiency of management as shown in a resume or through transferred college classes.
- International students: TOEFL score of 80 or higher.
Upon completion of the program, candidates are expected to have:
- Demonstrated ability skills in the use of technology, communication, and research as it relates to scholarship (Academically Excellent)
- Developed analytical thinking skills as tools for problem solving in the workplace (Academically Excellent)
- Demonstrated fluency in using ethical theories as a framework for positioning organizations as responsible, global citizens (Globally Engaged)
- Demonstrated the ability to utilize diverse perspectives as a means to solving problems and initiating change within an organizational context (Intentionally Diverse)
- Developed process in which to assess and promote personal growth, development, and lifelong learning (Personally Transforming)
- Demonstrated the ability to use a multidisciplinary approach to understand organizations. Understood the process of how to bring about positive change and growth within organization (Socially Relevant)