Healthcare Management Admissions
BS Healthcare Management (60+ transferable credits)
The admission process is designed to identify applicants who have the ability, interest, and qualities necessary to complete the program.
- Completed and signed application with $30 application fee.
- Professional Recommendation. Obtain a recommendation from someone other than a family member who you have known for at least one year. The recommender should be able to verify your commitment and ability to complete your degree. Use the Professional Recommendation form provided or submit a letter.
- Work and Life Experience Summary. Submit the Work and Life Experience Summary form provided or a detailed resume.
- Writing Sample. Submit a typed statement using the following as a guide:
- Describe your career goals and why you have selected the Healthcare Management program at Nyack to assist you in accomplishing these goals (250 words).
- Immunization Records. Documentation of appropriate vaccination for measles, mumps, and rubella must be provided by the student in accordance with the New York State Health Regulations for colleges.
- Proof of high school graduation or equivalent (not required for students who have an associate’s degree).
- Official College Transcripts. Submit transcripts from all colleges you attended. Only coursework with a grade of “C” or higher will be accepted as transfer credits, except when part of a completed Associate’s Degree. Request your official transcripts to be sent to: Nyack College Admissions, 1 S. Blvd., Nyack, NY 10960. International transcripts must be submitted to World Education Services.
- Management Proficiency [required for BS Healthcare Management]
- The Healthcare Management program is an upper level management program. Therefore, students must either transfer in an introductory course in management or demonstrate proficiency through experience (resume/Work and Life Experience Summary).
- Computer Literacy
- Students in the Healthcare Management program will use an online environment for a portion of their learning. Technology skills are necessary for successful completion of the program. Applicants to the program should be able to send and receive email, open or send an email attachment, conduct research using the Internet, use Microsoft Word, and download files. Students are required to have access to a computer and the Internet.