Information About Higher Education Field Ed
The Higher Education Field Education track is designed specifically for those planning a career in undergraduate or graduate academic instruction. Higher-Ed Field-Ed is taken in tandem with SF 620: Teaching the Bible for Transformation. The mentoring takes place in a small group. Topics include: designing an entire course, developing a syllabus, Ph.D. programs, developing your vitae, grading, reflective judgment, adult learning models, etc. The group will visit classes at Nyack College and may have opportunities to shadow a professor.
- Very focused Field Ed which is related to teaching.
- Helps to develop a realistic plan for pursuing a career in higher education.
- Higher-Ed focus may be too narrow.
- Intern & Mentor may not be able to cover all topics related to Higher Ed.
Keep In Mind:
- Actual opportunities to teach cannot be guaranteed.
As you prepare to begin your Field Ed experience at ATS, note that you must do two (2) things:
- Make an appointment with Louis Carlo to have your Internship approved.
- Then, complete the Field Ed Contract after thoughtful prayer and discussion with your Mentor.
- In addition, complete the Higher-Ed Field Ed Contract with Dr. Jan Dale.
The Field Ed Contract and Higher-Ed Contract should be submitted (via email or mail) as soon as possible, and preferably prior to the start of the 1st semester of the Internship experience.
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: ATS Field Education, 350 N. Highland Ave, Nyack, NY 10960
The Field Ed Contract template, guidelines about completing the Contract with your Mentor, and the Higher-Ed Contract may be downloaded from the following links: