Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda is the founding Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement at Nyack College, and the Chair of the Deliberative Council of the Inter-American Federation of Christian Jurists. Nina’s presentations & publications include:
- Upcoming Articles: “Ombudsman Effectiveness in Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru: A Comparative Study.” In a University of Puebla Publication.
- “Civil Society and Civic Responsibility.” In: Law Journal of the Universidad Católica Silva Henríquez
- A Vision of a Desired Society: Political Dimensions.” Originally presented at the Latin American Theological Fellowship (FTL)
Dr. Warren Bird serves as Director of Research and Intellectual Capital at Leadership Network. He is also a winner of the prestigious Gold Medallion Award, as he is a co-author of over 25 books, and published over 200 magazine articles, including:
- Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work
- The Other 80%: Training Your Church’s Spectators into Active Disciples
- Viral Churches: Helping Church Planters Become Movement Makers
Dr. Luis Carlo is the Associate Dean for Alliance Theological Seminary in the New York City Campus. He is also a Board Member of the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) in Chicago, IL. Dr. Carlo’s publications include:
- “Theological Perspectives of Domestic Violence” in Journal of Faith Trust Institute, 2004.
- “Pastoral & Theological Dimensions of Domestic Violence” in Nancy Murphy, ed., God’s Reconciling Love (Seattle, WA: Faith Trust Institute, 2003).
- “The Church’s Responsibility to Holistic Ministry,” The Catalyst, Winter, 1999.
Rev. Edmund Chan is the Leadership Mentor at Covenant Evangelical Free Church in Singapore. He ministers to leaders from more than 150 churches and over 18 countries. Edmund’s book publications include:
- Growing Deep in Faith
- Built to Last: Towards a Disciplemaking Church
- Mentoring Paradigms
Dr. Frank Chan is professor in Nyack College and in Alliance Theological Seminary. Frank’s publications include:
- Upcoming: Transition in the New Testament Concept of Apostle: Both Unity and Diversity
- “Ephesians,” “Colossians” and “Philemon” in Kenneth Berding and Matthew Williams, What the New Testament Authors Really Cared About
Dr. David Ireland is founder and senior pastor of Christ Church, a multiracial congregation in northern New Jersey. He is an appointed member of the Governor’s Advisory Commission on Faith-Based Initiatives. Publications include:
- The Kneeling Warrior
- The Skin You Live In
- What Color Is Your God: A New Approach to Developing a Multicultural Lifestyle
Dr. Sherwood G. Lingenfelter is a professor of Anthropology at Fuller Theological Seminary. His publications include:
- Ministering Cross-Culturally: An Incarnational Model for Personal Relationships, Co-authored with Marvin K. Mayers
- Breaking Tradition to Accomplish Vision: Training Leaders for a Church Planting Movement, co-authored with Dr. Paul R. Gupta
- Leading Cross-Culturally: Covenant Relationships for Effective Christian Leadership
Dr. Rob Reimer is the founding pastor of South Shore Community Church in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. He teaches one of our foundational D.Min. course. His recent publication is:
- River Dwellers: Living in the Fullness of the Spirit (2015)
- Pathways to the King: Living a Life of Spiritual Renewal and Power (2013)
The Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) at Alliance Theological Seminary is designed to be developmental. Our students most commonly describe the program as transformational. At its best it is global, cross-cultural, urban, and multi-cultural in nature. The program will take you deep into your own soul, identify key leadership principles, and give you tools to develop the next generation of leaders. It’s about becoming a doctor of the church.” ~Director Dr. Martin Sanders
Dr. Martin Sanders is the Director of the Doctor of Ministry program at Alliance Theological Seminary, President and Founder of Global Leadership, Inc. He has authored several books:
- It’s Time for a Change: Partnering with God for Authentic Transformation
- The Power of Mentoring: Shaping People Who Will Shape the World (in English and French)
- How to Get the Family You Always Wanted.
Peter Scazzero is the Founder and Senior Lead Pastor of New Life Fellowship Church in Queens, NY. Pete and his wife, Geri, are the co-founders of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality. He has authored:
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality
- The Emotionally Healthy Church
- Begin the Journey with the Daily Office
Dr. Ron Walborn is the Dean of Alliance Theological Seminary at Nyack, New York. Ron is on the Board of Directors for the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Ron has pastored C&MA churches in Connecticut and California. Publications include:
- “Prayer and the Kingdom of God.” Chapter 3 in Giving Oneself to Prayer: Helps for Those who Pray and Those who Lead Others to Pray. 2007.
- “Spiritual Gifts: Expectation without Agenda.” Published on Christian and Missionary Alliance Website (www.cmalliance.org). October 2005. Published in booklet 2008.
- Stewardship and the Kingdom of God. Co-author, Frank Chan. Colorado Springs: 2001.