Nyack in DC: Certificate in Immigration Policy
Attend these events to earn a certificate:
- October 13: “Immigration & the Workforce” Panel Discussion 6:30-8:30pm
- October 26 & 28: Brown Bag Luncheon Seminars 12:00-1:30pm
- November 3: “Immigration & U.S. Security” Panel Discussion 6:30-8:30pm
- November 2 & 4: Brown Bag Luncheon Seminars 12:00-1:30pm
- Cost for the certificate: $99
Jen Smyers, an immigration associate with the Church World Service with special expertise in immigration security issues, will facilitate the certificate program.
Participants in the Certificate Program will gain:
An overview of the current U.S. immigration policy debate as relates to three key issues of integration if immigrants into the U.S., including society, the workforce, and national security
A substantive understanding of how Christian ethics apply to the topic areas. Foundational material to identify the roles of distinct societal institutions (e.g. government, church, business, citizenry) and a discussion of their respective responsibilities. The opportunity to participate in a robust discussion characterized by civility to rsvp and learn more contact email@example.com.