Information for CRJ490: Criminal Justice Internship Site Supervisors
Thank you for supervising our students as they intern at your criminal justice agency! We deeply appreciate your commitment of time, energy and teaching, and we look forward to being in contact with you throughout your intern's experience.
You are welcome to contact our office at any time:
Catherine Cha, J.D.
- Design an internship experience that allows the intern to grow, and provides him / her with a variety of experiences, providing at least an introduction to the full range of work accomplished by your organization.
- Complete FORM H: INTERNSHIP CONTRACT, indicating the intern's work, hours and job responsibilities and goals.
- Provide an orientation for the intern.
- Train and supervise the intern in his / her work roles, assigning specific projects for the intern to undertake.
- Monitor the intern's work and notify the Internship Coordinator if the intern fails to complete the promise work hours, or if there are any other problems.
- Evaluate the intern's on-site performance at the mid-way point and at the end of the internship experience.
- Complete and submit FORM I: MID-WAY EVALUATION REPORT AND FORM J: FINAL EVALUATION REPORT.
Supervisor's Paperwork (Downloads)
Before and during your intern's time on-site, please note that we will require some paperwork from you. We have made all required forms available to you as downloadable PDFs, below.
Your intern is responsible for notifying you of all due-dates for these documents.
These documents may be printed, completed and mailed via USPS to the Internship Coordinator at the address below. In the alternative, you may also scan and email them directly to the Internship Coordinator, at the email address indicated below.
Catherine Cha, Internship Coordinator
c/o Nyack College – ATS
350 N. Highland Ave
Nyack, NY 10960