Welcome to CGPP
The mission of the College of Graduate and Professional Programs is to provide students with an education that will lead to a profession and become the foundation for lifelong learning, ethical living, and a successful career. It hosts 33 full-time faculty in 4 schools, the Graduate School of Counseling and Psychology, the School of Business and Leadership, the School of Education, and the Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing. These schools have 13 departments and 15 degree programs.
The professional curricula are designed to build on the Nyack College core curriculum or the bachelor’s degree and further develop higher order skills in the areas of critical thinking, technological competency, written and oral communication, scientific and quantitative reasoning and information literacy. The goal of the programs is to graduate well-rounded thinkers who can solve tomorrow’s problems from an ethical and moral foundation.
Our diverse and international faculty come with real-world experience and are committed to excellence in teaching and scholarship. More importantly, our small classes and 13-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio provide students with a nurturing environment and personalized attention in which the Instructors also serve as caring mentors and academic advisors.
The College of Graduate and Professional Programs is organized in the following four schools:
- Mental Health Counseling – MA
- Marriage and Family Therapy – MA
- Doctor of Psychology - Pending
- Accounting – MBA
- Accounting – BS
- Business Administration – MBA
- Business Administration – BS
- Sport Management – BS Pending
- Organizational Leadership – MS
- Childhood Education – MS
- Childhood Educaiton - BS
- Childhood Special Education – MS
- Childhood Education/Childhood Special Education – BS, MS
- Early Childhood Education - BS
- Adolescent Education – MS Pending
- Adolescent Education – BS
- History/Social Studies
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages - MS
- Nursing - BS