Masters in Mental Health Counseling Online
The Nyack College online MA-MHC is committed to developing students for the role of mental health practitioners that are professionally licensed, who are emotionally mature, clinically sound, professionally competent, and spiritually grounded, to do God’s healing work in broken lives, couples, and families.
- Three year degree: 63 credit program, MA in Mental Health Counseling
- Licensure program: More marketability and earning potential
- Cohort model: Build long-lasting relationships with professors and up to 24 students in your cohort
- Same courses and sequence: With scheduled time (synchronous) and any time access (asynchronous) online components
- Fully online: Except 7-10 day annual residency at Nyack College
- Starts each Fall or Spring: At most two nights a week (e.g. 7-9pm EST) of scheduled remote synchronous interaction
Upon completion of the program, candidates are expected to have:
- Acquired a strong academic course of study, which integrates the science of modern mental health with Biblical truths.
- Attained a high level of knowledge regarding basic counseling skills commensurate with the degree offered.
- Acquired a working understanding of personal ethics and values essential for the practice of effective counseling and therapy.
- Fit into your busy lifestyle graduate level courses from the comforts of your own home or while traveling.
- Equip yourself to earn a fee for professional service and pursue state licensure to increase your earning potential.
- Improve your interpersonal effectiveness with a myriad of personality styles and disorders.
- Engage both your faith and psychological principles in the healing process of yourself and others.
- Enable personal growth and the exploration of how your beliefs and values affect people from diverse backgrounds.
- Spring 2017 (January): Monday January 9, 2017 - Saturday January 14, 2017
- Fall 2017 (July): Monday July 24, 2017 - Saturday July 29, 2017