Masters in Mental Health Counseling Online
EMAIL DR. STEINER, if you are interested in Nyack College's Online MA in Mental Health Counseling, at Lisa.Steiner@Nyack.edu.
The Nyack College online MA-MHC is committed to developing students for the role of mental health practitioners that are professionally licensed, who are emotionally mature, clinically sound, professionally competent, and spiritually grounded, to do God’s healing work in broken lives, couples, and families.
- Three year degree: 63 credit program, MA in Mental Health Counseling
- Licensure program: More marketability and earning potential
- Cohort model: Build long-lasting relationships with professors and up to 24 students in your cohort
- Same courses and sequence: With scheduled time (synchronous) and any time access (asynchronous) online components
- Fully online: With a required annual 7 day residency in Nyack, NY to meet and work with faculty and fellow students
- Starts each Fall: At most two nights a week (e.g. 7-9pm EST) of scheduled remote synchronous interaction
Upon completion of the program, candidates are expected to have:
- Acquired a strong academic course of study, which integrates the science of modern mental health with Biblical truths.
- Attained a high level of knowledge regarding basic counseling skills commensurate with the degree offered.
- Acquired a working understanding of personal ethics and values essential for the practice of effective counseling and therapy.
- Fit into your busy lifestyle graduate level courses from the comforts of your own home or while traveling.
- Equip yourself to earn a fee for professional service and pursue state licensure to increase your earning potential.
- Improve your interpersonal effectiveness with a myriad of personality styles and disorders.
- Engage both your faith and psychological principles in the healing process of yourself and others.
- Enable personal growth and the exploration of how your beliefs and values affect people from diverse backgrounds.
- Fall 2018 (July): Monday July 23, 2018 - Saturday July 28, 2018
UPCOMING DATE:RSVP to Veronica.DaCosta@nyack.edu to get the link to join one of our free tastes of Online Ma in MHC.
- [PAST EVENT] September 14, 2017 at Noon EST: What is the Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM), and how does it set the stage for the Mental Health profession? Click on the REPLAY LINK: https://vimeo.com/234134216 - Watch the full 1 hour presentation on the Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM)
- [PAST EVENT] October 12, 2017 at Noon EST: What are the basics of Human development theory, and how might knowing this help me be more effective when ministering to others? Click on the REPLAY LINK: https://vimeo.com/238005226 - Watch the full 1 hour presentation on Human Development Theory
- [PAST EVENT] November 9, 2017 at Noon EST: What are some of the mainstream counseling theories, and how do they align with Christian principles? Click on the REPLAY LINK:
https://vimeo.com/242134054 - Watch the full 1 hour presentation on Counseling Theories and Christian Principles
- [PAST EVENT] December 14, 2017 at Noon EST: Why might Christians in Ministry want to pursue a Masters in Mental Health Counseling?
RSVP to Veronica.DaCosta@nyack.edu to get the link to join one or more of these free Lunch and Learn sessions.