Student Life in NYC
A Night of Poetry and Soul Food in honor of Black History Month
Thursday, February 21st Got Poetry? Slam Club presented “A Night of Poetry and Soul Food” in honor of Black History Month. The Nyack College NYC students prepared spoken word pieces regarding Black History. The students who presented included Emicia Yvette, Manuel Vasquez, Jassie Harris, Sacha Tapia, and The president of Got Poetry? Slam Club, Daisy Copelin. Gessie Nash closed the evening with prayer.
The evening was catered by the Amy Ruth’s restaurant located in Harlem, which specializes in Soul Food. The students enjoyed chicken wings, collard greens, mac and cheese, yams and corn bread. Between performances the students were quizzed with black history trivia. Those who answered correctly received a prize. The evening was a fun and informative celebration in honor of Black History Month.
- SGA Christmas Party 2014!
- Nyack's Got Talent! Fall 2014
- Veterans Day @ Nyack NYC
- Spirit Week!
- Nyack NYC Fall Poetry Slam!
- Students Against Hunger
- WRK IT: Flowcycle Class
- Homecoming @ Nyack!
- The Lost and Found Art Awareness Exhibit
- Celebrar! Hispanic Heritage Day @ NYC
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- Convocation 2014
- Opening Chapel - Fall 2014
- Fall 2014 New Student Orientation!
- Browse Blog Archive>>