Student Life in NYC
A Night of Poetry and Soul Food in honor of Black History Month
Thursday, February 21st Got Poetry? Slam Club presented “A Night of Poetry and Soul Food” in honor of Black History Month. The Nyack College NYC students prepared spoken word pieces regarding Black History. The students who presented included Emicia Yvette, Manuel Vasquez, Jassie Harris, Sacha Tapia, and The president of Got Poetry? Slam Club, Daisy Copelin. Gessie Nash closed the evening with prayer.
The evening was catered by the Amy Ruth’s restaurant located in Harlem, which specializes in Soul Food. The students enjoyed chicken wings, collard greens, mac and cheese, yams and corn bread. Between performances the students were quizzed with black history trivia. Those who answered correctly received a prize. The evening was a fun and informative celebration in honor of Black History Month.
- Fall 2014 New Student Orientation!
- Nyack NYC Welcomes The New SGA!
- Be the Great Commission
- Nyack's Got Talent!
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack NYC College Students
- Passover Seder at Nyack
- KLOVE Radio and Nyack NYC
- In Spring...We Sing...
- Don't Call it a Comeback...
- This is JEOPARDY!
- Many Cultures, One Vision
- The Generous Will be Blessed
- Man of Hate, Man of Love
- Nyack College NYC First Chapel of the Fall 2013 Semester
- Brooklyn Tabernacle Prayer Service for Nyack College NYC
- Browse Blog Archive>>