Follow Your Heart :: A MSW Student Shares Her Thoughts
As a single parent, working a full-time job and having limited educational experience, Apryll Campbell never thought it was possible to obtain a higher level of education. She notes that the notion changed in 2005 when she received Christ as my personal savior. Apryll writes, "In 2006, God called me into the profession of Social Work, and in 2015, God miraculously opened the doors for me to obtain my graduate degree at Nyack College, becoming a part of the first cohort to start the new MSW program.
Nyack College has given me the opportunity to become a part-time employee at the campus while giving me the flexibility to take courses in the evening. The professors and other faculty members have recognized my natural ability to help others and are cultivating it to prepare me for leadership outside the community. I am happy to say I am receiving more of a mentorship experience at Nyack College.
In life, I was persuaded to follow a different path, but I chose to follow my heart. You never know where your passion will lead you because opportunities have already been predestined for you."
- An MSW Student Shares on the Importance of Supervision
- Together, Rising.
- Nyack MSW Making an Impact in Pacific Northwest
- Follow Your Heart :: A MSW Student Shares Her Thoughts
- New Director, MSW Program
- Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI) Course
- Praxis Forum in Action
- The School of Social Work Launches Juvenile Justice Fellowship Grant
- Alumni Update: Lebeka Shin
- Lobby Advocacy Day Experience by Belinda Lin
- Welcoming Professor Laura Summerhill
- FPWA Advocacy Experience
- School of Social Work Students Attend Student Advocacy Day on the Hill
- NYC Teen Dating Violence Awareness Walk
- Snapshots of Our Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- The Nyack School of Social Work Co-Sponsors Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- Media Contest
- 2009 BSW Graduate: Elaina Wood -- Alumni Spotlight
- Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith
- "Sabbath As Resistance" - October 30, 2014
- Three Upcoming Events - Fall 2014
- New York City Department of Social Work Host Discussion on "The New Jim Crow"
- Nyack SWO Hosts VET2MENTOR Event
- Humphreys and Roland Present at NACSW
- Dr. Lopez-Humphreys Co-Authors Countering the Silence
- Browse Blog Archive>>