Praxis Forum in Action
Posted by Juan.Toribio on Wednesday April 6, 2016
Praxis Forums and Nyack College was pleased to have Jennifer Jones Austin and Romanita Hairston speak last month to leaders from across the city and engage in a meaningful dialogue about leadership, collaboration, and how we might more effectively reduce poverty & increase opportunity among our neighbors who live on the margins. First on March 16th we were blessed to have Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies President Jennifer Jones Austin speak at our Emerging Leader Dinner hosted in partnership with Nyack College. Jennifer described her call to change to reduce poverty and increase opportunity for those on the margins and challenged those there to consider working in government stating that creating systemic change requires understanding about how the system really works. In addition, she encouraged everyone to embrace reality, gain clarity by removing the clutter, and to stay true to and strengthen their core. The dialogue between Jennifer and the dinner participants was very enriching for everyone!
It's difficult to capture in a few paragraphs all of what both Jennifer & Romanita said. The responses from those who attended was extremely enthusiastic where some said "it changed my view of ministry," "life giving," and "very powerful." One of the greatest outcomes was the connections made between those who attended. We had a robust conversation at both Praxis Forums events. I'm thankful to both Jennifer Jones Austin and Romanita Hairston for taking the time out of their demanding schedules to to be with us! A special thanks to our partner at Nyack College & Salvation Army for hosting Praxis Forums.
Department of Social Work
- Together, Rising.
- Nyack MSW Making an Impact in Pacific Northwest
- Follow Your Heart :: A MSW Student Shares Her Thoughts
- New Director, MSW Program
- Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI) Course
- Praxis Forum in Action
- The School of Social Work Launches Juvenile Justice Fellowship Grant
- Alumni Update: Lebeka Shin
- Lobby Advocacy Day Experience by Belinda Lin
- Welcoming Professor Laura Summerhill
- FPWA Advocacy Experience
- School of Social Work Students Attend Student Advocacy Day on the Hill
- NYC Teen Dating Violence Awareness Walk
- Snapshots of Our Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- The Nyack School of Social Work Co-Sponsors Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- Media Contest
- 2009 BSW Graduate: Elaina Wood -- Alumni Spotlight
- Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith
- "Sabbath As Resistance" - October 30, 2014
- Three Upcoming Events - Fall 2014
- New York City Department of Social Work Host Discussion on "The New Jim Crow"
- Nyack SWO Hosts VET2MENTOR Event
- Humphreys and Roland Present at NACSW
- Dr. Lopez-Humphreys Co-Authors Countering the Silence
- Dr. Brian Roland - First Year Faculty Award
- Browse Blog Archive>>