Alumni Update: Lebeka Shin
Lebeka Shin is a 2007 graduate of the School of Social Work, she is currently an individual and family therapist specializing anger, trauma, anxiety and mood disorders, attachment issues, and grief and loss.
I am currently working at Spofford Home, as an outpatient therapist providing trauma-informed play therapy for children and families. Sponsored Homes is an agency that works with mostly lower-income disenfranchised families in Kansas City. I am hoping to connect with an international adoption agency here in Kansas City and also provide post-adoption therapy services.
I love that social work is interdisciplinary in nature. We not only look at a client from an individual perspective, but critically think about the environmental factors that affect the individual. As I work with clients on an individual level, I am constantly thinking about the environmental factors and the role it plays in the client’s life.
The highlights of Nyack College's BSW program include the small class sizes, the accessibility of the professors and the fact that students and faculty alike are actively involved in bringing about social change even outside of the classroom setting. The small class sizes allowed me to develop close friendships with my fellow students, whom I still keep in touch with today.
- Follow Your Heart :: A MSW Student Shares Her Thoughts
- New Director, MSW Program
- Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI) Course
- Praxis Forum in Action
- The School of Social Work Launches Juvenile Justice Fellowship Grant
- Alumni Update: Lebeka Shin
- Lobby Advocacy Day Experience by Belinda Lin
- Welcoming Professor Laura Summerhill
- FPWA Advocacy Experience
- School of Social Work Students Attend Student Advocacy Day on the Hill
- NYC Teen Dating Violence Awareness Walk
- Snapshots of Our Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- The Nyack School of Social Work Co-Sponsors Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- Media Contest
- 2009 BSW Graduate: Elaina Wood -- Alumni Spotlight
- Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith
- "Sabbath As Resistance" - October 30, 2014
- Three Upcoming Events - Fall 2014
- New York City Department of Social Work Host Discussion on "The New Jim Crow"
- Nyack SWO Hosts VET2MENTOR Event
- Humphreys and Roland Present at NACSW
- Dr. Lopez-Humphreys Co-Authors Countering the Silence
- Dr. Brian Roland - First Year Faculty Award
- Dr. Yun - 2013 Chair of the Year
- Dr. Lopez-Humphreys Honored for Leadership
- Browse Blog Archive>>