The Nyack School of Social Work Co-Sponsors Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
Praxis Forum Dinners provides connections between leaders, strategies and resources to build stronger communities and people through a collaborative of justice and mercy founded on the words of Jesus in Matthew 25:31-46.
The forum began with Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys introducing the topic of discussion, the need for justice organizations to share resources as well as the unique place that students of Nyack occupy in the field. She was followed by the president of Praxis Connection introducing the organization as well as the forum's featured speaker, Pastor Gilford Monrose.
The guest speaker, Pastor Gilford Monrose, is a Nyack alum and his personal experience of working with youths, anti-gun and anti-gang violence initiatives as well as the chaplain to organizations like the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and public offices like the Brooklyn Borough President’s Office gave him a powerful perspective and a voice to give advice that is socially and spiritually grounded. In his words "let no one define you, for if they define you, then they can confine you."
After the presentations, the participants were assigned into break-out groups, where they were presented with topics of discussion and later had the opportunity to share feedback with the group at large. The participants responded to the forum with great motivation, and felt that the discussions were informative, thought-provoking and even inspiring.
- An MSW Student Shares on the Importance of Supervision
- Together, Rising.
- Nyack MSW Making an Impact in Pacific Northwest
- Follow Your Heart :: A MSW Student Shares Her Thoughts
- New Director, MSW Program
- Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI) Course
- Praxis Forum in Action
- The School of Social Work Launches Juvenile Justice Fellowship Grant
- Alumni Update: Lebeka Shin
- Lobby Advocacy Day Experience by Belinda Lin
- Welcoming Professor Laura Summerhill
- FPWA Advocacy Experience
- School of Social Work Students Attend Student Advocacy Day on the Hill
- NYC Teen Dating Violence Awareness Walk
- Snapshots of Our Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- The Nyack School of Social Work Co-Sponsors Emerging Leaders Praxis Forum Dinner
- Media Contest
- 2009 BSW Graduate: Elaina Wood -- Alumni Spotlight
- Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith
- "Sabbath As Resistance" - October 30, 2014
- Three Upcoming Events - Fall 2014
- New York City Department of Social Work Host Discussion on "The New Jim Crow"
- Nyack SWO Hosts VET2MENTOR Event
- Humphreys and Roland Present at NACSW
- Browse Blog Archive>>