Bud’s Bits Bud DiFluri
In my Nyack sales classes, students are told that to succeed they must always:
1. “Underpromise---then Overdeliver”!!... and…
2. Don't "overpromise –then under deliver"!!...and…
3. "If you make a promise..…. keep it!"
In your role as an intern, it'll be important that you properly represent your company as you each abide by the principle of "under promising…then over delivering" in your daily contacts with fellow students, faculty, clients, business people, cooperating partners, etc.
Often times, you may be the primary " face" of your company —the only company’s face or voice ”they” will see or hear!
If, as a positive example you tell a contact that “we will be in touch with you (e.g) "next Friday… or earlier if possible" and you make the contact earlier than "next Friday", you have "underpromised and overdelivered!"
If on the other hand, as a negative example, you fall prey to the all – too – simple ease of confirming a contact date or time to someone (e.g.-"next Friday or earlier if possible "), then not following through or contacting them as promised--- that's "overpromising – – and underdelivering", which will reflect upon your veracity as well as the veracity of your company. The client or contact might easily determine that you---and your company--- don't keep promises!
Simply put – successful people "underpromise – then overdeliver"!
And---successful people keep their promises!
Intern Coordinator ---Business Department---Nyack College
E: NyackIntern@aol.com; Tel: 908-753-5261
- Congratulations MSOL & MBA Class of 2018!
- Congratulations MSOL & MBA Class of 2016!
- Business Internship Program Testimonials
- "From Sea to Shining Sea"
- Congratulations MSOL & MBA Class of 2015!
- Nyack College 2015 Mid-Hudson Regional Business Plan Competition
- IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW : Blog by Jennifer Cook (Business Major)
- "Promising 1-2-3"
- The Importance of an Internship
- Bud's "RAC" (Read, Absorb, Copy)
- 2014 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- Top 6 Reasons You Never Hear Back after Applying for a Job
- "Bud's Bits" - Interviews and the Social Network
- Internship Advice: From a Professional Career Counselor
- Student Internship Blog
- 2013 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- "Bud's Bits" - Cover Letters & Resumes
- Student Internship Blog - Christopher Lynch
- "Bud's Bits" - Confidence
- "Bud's Bits" - Prepare
- Congratulations Professor Gordon Boronow!
- "Bud's Bits" - Interview Hints
- Faculty Internship Blog: Dr. Gerard Becker
- Student Internship Blog - Emily Wellman
- Student Internship Blog - Jenny Schaller
- Browse Blog Archive>>