School of Business and Leadership Blog
The Importance of an Internship
The Importance of an Internship—The Importance of our Nyack Intern Program
----One of the most important career moves you can make in college is obtaining an internship. It is the answer to the age old “Catch 22”--I need a job to get experience, but I need experience to get a job! Adding work experience to your resume is just the beginning of the long list of benefits. You also learn how to behave for an interview, work with a team, gain insight into a potential career, and maybe even get hired after graduation. Even if an internship ends without a job offer, you’ve still received the benefits of real-world experience, self-respect from having worked hard, and future job references.
There is no way to lose by getting an internship!
-”Being a part of Nyack’s intern program has taught me initiative and how to reach outside my comfort zone. I had a great relationship with my employer and a fun time going in to work. I learned how hard it is to run your own business and gained a new insight and respect for small business owners. I am confident that my internship has pushed me in the right direction towards achieving my dreams of owning a small business.”
Jessica Peterson, Class of 2015
- "Promising 1-2-3"
- The Importance of an Internship
- Bud's "RAC" (Read, Absorb, Copy)
- 2014 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- Top 6 Reasons You Never Hear Back after Applying for a Job
- "Bud's Bits" - Interviews and the Social Network
- Internship Advice: From a Professional Career Counselor
- Student Internship Blog
- 2013 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- "Bud's Bits" - Cover Letters & Resumes
- Student Internship Blog - Christopher Lynch
- "Bud's Bits" - Confidence
- "Bud's Bits" - Prepare
- Congratulations Professor Gordon Boronow!
- "Bud's Bits" - Interview Hints
- Browse Blog Archive>>