"Bud's Bits" - Interviews and the Social Network
INTERVIEWS AND SOCIAL NETWORK
Social Network Hints-Suggestions
Keep a good and positive Professional profile on any of your “sites”, because----.
You’re no longer Anonymous!I
An important way for you to make a fine Interview impression is to be certain that your Social
Networking contacts are in A-1 shape—and clear of any potentially embarrassing , immature
comments or attitudes. They could be the determinant as to whether --- OR NOT----you’re
Potential employers can easily view your comments on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc. Their
company’s Human Research Department is often assigned the duty of discretely “checking you
Keep your I-phone out of sight during your Interview visit! You may think that continually
looking at your I-phone is “cool--today’s way” (but how important is it that your friends need
to know that you’re about to “bag” the Interview in 15 minutes??). Very often, conservative
employers see the continued “I-Phone peeking” candidate as being self-centered, self-absorbed
and indicative of a lack of social skills. They often refer to the I-Phone centered and absorbed
college generation as the “it’s all about me-me-me” kids!
Should you be asked about your expertise in the Social Network or computer field, then by all
means let them be aware of your knowledge,---but DON’T try to overwhelm them with your
supposed massive knowledge--unless you’re Interviewing at a strong Information Technology
And—don’t be a “Windbag”—keep your answers to fewer than 148 characters!
- Business Internship Program Testimonials
- "From Sea to Shining Sea"
- Congratulations MSOL & MBA Class of 2015!
- Nyack College 2015 Mid-Hudson Regional Business Plan Competition
- IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW : Blog by Jennifer Cook (Business Major)
- "Promising 1-2-3"
- The Importance of an Internship
- Bud's "RAC" (Read, Absorb, Copy)
- 2014 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- Top 6 Reasons You Never Hear Back after Applying for a Job
- "Bud's Bits" - Interviews and the Social Network
- Internship Advice: From a Professional Career Counselor
- Student Internship Blog
- 2013 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- "Bud's Bits" - Cover Letters & Resumes
- Student Internship Blog - Christopher Lynch
- "Bud's Bits" - Confidence
- "Bud's Bits" - Prepare
- Congratulations Professor Gordon Boronow!
- "Bud's Bits" - Interview Hints
- Faculty Internship Blog: Dr. Gerard Becker
- Student Internship Blog - Emily Wellman
- Student Internship Blog - Jenny Schaller
- Student Internship Blog - Susanna Bicknell 2
- Student Internship Blog - Susanna Bicknell
- Browse Blog Archive>>