"Bud's Bits" - Interview Hints
By: Bud DiFluri
1. Learn of the company’s office protocol, guidelines one week before the interview
2. Be sure to research the company with whom you’ll be interviewing
3. On a few days before the Interview, review all the Interview information you’ve accumulated
4. Practice your Interview techniques with family and friends
5. Don’t get there under or over-dressed. Check out the company’s dress protocol beforehand
6. Prepare a few “opening” conversational comments as opening conversation
7. Don’t get there late—be “ready to go” 15 minutes before the appointed time
8. Bring along a few copies of your Resume’ to provide
9. Don’t “bad-mouth” current or past colleagues
11. Practice a firm handshake
12. Prepare a couple of “general” comments which will show you as in command, yet relaxed
13. Prepare appropriate questions which will give them the “feel” that you’re “the one” for the job/Internship
14. Before leaving, thank them for the Interview opportunity, offer a firm handshake, and ask if you can contact them in one-two weeks to learn of their decision
15. To remind them of who you are, present them with your Business card
- Congratulations MSOL & MBA Class of 2018!
- Congratulations MSOL & MBA Class of 2016!
- Business Internship Program Testimonials
- "From Sea to Shining Sea"
- Congratulations MSOL & MBA Class of 2015!
- Nyack College 2015 Mid-Hudson Regional Business Plan Competition
- IT'S ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW : Blog by Jennifer Cook (Business Major)
- "Promising 1-2-3"
- The Importance of an Internship
- Bud's "RAC" (Read, Absorb, Copy)
- 2014 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- Top 6 Reasons You Never Hear Back after Applying for a Job
- "Bud's Bits" - Interviews and the Social Network
- Internship Advice: From a Professional Career Counselor
- Student Internship Blog
- 2013 SBL Hooding Ceremony
- "Bud's Bits" - Cover Letters & Resumes
- Student Internship Blog - Christopher Lynch
- "Bud's Bits" - Confidence
- "Bud's Bits" - Prepare
- Congratulations Professor Gordon Boronow!
- "Bud's Bits" - Interview Hints
- Faculty Internship Blog: Dr. Gerard Becker
- Student Internship Blog - Emily Wellman
- Student Internship Blog - Jenny Schaller
- Browse Blog Archive>>