Nyack Globetrotters: Winterim 2012
Nyack College faculty and students will be traveling between December 30, 2011 and January 16, 2012 on global service-learning trips. Please keep them in prayer—for safe round trip travel, good health, and transformational experiences.
Mexico: Outreach to Mexico The Business Department and Business Club travels to Cancun to gain exposure to both Mexican and expatriate entrepreneurs and businessmen, serve with local ministries and businesses, and gain experience in a business department venture supporting and developing the services of a Christian bookstore. Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Jim Muckell
Italy: Fine Arts in the City of Venice Fine Arts in the City of Venice is an intensive course offering students the opportunity to visit art museums, galleries, churches, and some music halls of Venice and "the Veneto", or the surrounding areas. Faculty Coordinators: Drs. Dana and Sue Talley
Israel: Geographic & Historical Settings of the Bible This course is a study of the physical, historical and cultural features of the land of the Bible with an emphasis on how those elements influenced and affected settlement, communication, biblical and extra biblical history. It also comprises a focus on historical geography, which is an integration of geography, history, archaeology and toponomy. Preparatory assigned readings and map studies will maximize the student’s learning experience during their travel in Israel. Relevant archaeological, historical, and biblical information will be presented in our field study to integrate the student’s learning experience. Faculty Coordinator: Dr. R. Steven Notley
Philippines: Social Work in Context Students will be engaged in social and community development internationally. This service-learning intensive course confronts the realities of contextual community transformation and provides students with opportunities to study, observe, compare and integrate perspectives and approaches to community and social development. Faculty Coordinators: Dr. Kwi Yun, Dr. David Jennings, Dr. Stephen Maret
Cambodia: Human Trafficking in Southeast Asia Students will study the causes and issues of human trafficking, sex trafficking and child exploitation in Southeast Asia. They will serve in mini-intern roles within International and local NGO’s addressing trafficking issues. Faculty Coordinator: Prof. Scott Reitz
India: Adult Health Alterations In Bangalore, India, the Silicone Valley of the subcontinent Nyack's School of Nursing students will get hands-on experience in a cross-cultural context. They will learn to care for adults experiencing acute and chronic health alterations in one of the finest hospitals in Asia. Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Elizabeth Simon
Click here to learn more about Winterim 2012.
- APRIL 10: Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Rockland Campus
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Browse Blog Archive>>